Gallows Excited About Coming To Ashburn

Luke Gallows, D.O.C.

By Steve Carter

Luke Gallows has a nickname. It's "D.O.C." and is appropriate for the 6-8, 300 pound professional wrestler. "D.O.C." stands for director of chaos, and while it means his wrestling style, it also deals with his personal life.

Gallows wrestles regularly in Japan with New Japan Pro Wrestling as a member of the Bullet Club. Wrestling with his NJPW World Tag Team Championship tag team partner and fellow Bullet Club member, Karl "Machine Gun" Anderson, also takes him across the country.

But while wrestling at the Tokyo Dome and at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City is fun, Gallows also sees time at home in Barnesville for his home promotion, WrestleMerica.

After defending his New Japan tag team titles with Anderson before 45,000 fans at the Tokyo Dome January 4, Gallows will be coming with WrestleMerica to the old city gym in Ashburn January 9.

"I started WrestleMerica about 10 months ago, and we've been successful," Gallows said.
The promotion gives "me something to do between my New Japan tours."

Even though he is originally from West Virginia, Gallows knows Georgia wrestling history well and enjoys performing in the state and is excited about coming to Ashburn. "We were looking for new locations for WrestleMerica and we heard Ashburn had the history of being a good wrestling town," Gallows said.

He continued, "It's going to be really exciting and it'll be a very family friendly show. You can bring your kids, your grandpa, your grandma and anyone else."

And you can expect the performers to be at their best. "I really enjoy the intimate feeling of wrestling on small independent shows," said Gallows. "It's fun to interact with the crowd. We love talking to the crowd, shaking hands, taking pictures and signing autographs."

And even though most wrestling fans think of the big shows being the WWE, which Gallows has been a part of, or TNA, the promotion that saw him become "D.O.C.", Gallows is now a part of the biggest phenomenon in pro wrestling, the Bullet Club.

"After I left TNA (in 2013), I got a call from NJPW," said Gallows. That call led him to teaming with Anderson and joining the Bullet Club.

"I also got to wrestle at the Tokyo Dome, which has always been on my bucket list," said Gallows. "I'm also a three-time tag champion, so I've been very blessed."

Blessed wouldn't be the word for what Gallows will face in the main event in Ashburn, the Monster Pain.

"I have been in the ring against legendary monsters like the Undertaker and Kane, and I thought I've gotten away from fighting monsters. But Pain compares and is as scary as anyone I've faced," Gallows said. "He has left me in a pool of my own blood twice, I promise you it won't happen again during our Ashburn Street Fight."

All in all, Gallows said, "I promise everyone it's going to be a great night in Ashburn."

Call 229-325-8062 for ticket information.

Local wrestlers Christian Walker and Chad "Big Bank" Barfield will be among the other performers at the show.